As part of your Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa application, you may be required to attend a Home Office interview.
The objective will be for the Home Office to learn more about you, your background, your business and future plans, to help make a decision on your application.
It is important to prepare well.
Start by rereading your application. The specific questions will depend on the detail you have already submitted within your application and your specific circumstances, but there are a number of areas you should consider in advance and in-depth.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Interview Questions could include:
1. Experience & Education
Go through your CV thoroughly, and be in a position to elaborate and expand on all areas, including:
- How are your experience and previous roles relevant to your business? Explain how your experience will help you to implement your business.
- How do your qualifications complement your business idea? Consider both ‘soft’ transferrable skills as well as technical skills or others with more direct relevance.
2. Background to business
Here you want to explain the reasons behind your decision to set up an enterprise in the UK.
- Why have you chosen the UK for your business? Did you consider other countries as alternatives?
- Why have you chosen to pursue this business in particular?
- What research have you done to date on your business idea?
- What have you done so far to set up the business? Is it registered?
- Do you have any professional advisers? What are their roles?
3. Business plan
This is where you bring your business idea to life. You need to know your plan inside-out.
- Who wrote your business plan?
- Is anyone else involved in your business? What are their roles? What is their contribution?
- Will you be employing anybody? What will their role(s) be? How much will you be paying them?
- Will you require business premises? Where will you be located? Will you lease or purchase premises?
- Do you have a marketing strategy?
- What are your financial projections, for years 1, 2, 3 etc.?
- What market research have you done?
- What competition is there in the market for your type of business?
4. Immigration history
The Home Office will also want an understanding of your previous movements and activities.
- Why have you been in the UK previously?
- Have you considered alternative entry routes to Tier 1, such as extending a current visa?
- What have you done since your last leave in the UK?
- Do you have any relatives in the UK?
- Will you want to secure eventual settlement in the UK?
Need help with a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?
We have a strong track record advising entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals on their immigration needs, including Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa applications. For help and advice with your visa application, please contact us.