Our bespoke HR outsourcing services are designed to enable compliant, effective and cost-controlled workforce management.
Outsourced HR, tailored to your needs.
HR operations are under continued scrutiny to demonstrate value. Through HR outsourcing, employers are able to both manage their HR responsibilities and drive forward strategic priorities that enhance the credibility and impact of the HR function.
The benefits of HR outsourcing
Human resource management is a challenge for all employers, irrespective of the organisation’s size, location and sector.
Often, employers face a demand for more HR effort but are unable to justify employing HR personnel. For others, the need is to free up and refocus their HR function from primarily HR administration and transactional support towards strategic, proactive projects where critical value can be delivered.
HR face an imperative to lead and facilitate a culture of digitisation and digital competence, and to tackle the people impact of relentless environmental changes such as Brexit and increasingly complex workforce profiles of freelancers, part-timers and flexible workers.
For some organisations, the capacity or capability may not be internally available to drive forward such projects which demand highly technical and specialist HR expertise.
Through HR outsourcing, employers can benefit from access to additional and specialist HR specialists to support in achieving people-led objectives.
HR outsourcing considerations
It will be critical to the future success of any outsourcing arrangement to have clarity of your outsourcing objectives for the outset, which could include:
- Freeing up management time to focus on core business priorities and strategic projects
- Accessing HR best practice
- Simplifying and standardise core processes
- Cost reduction
- Improving efficiency of HR systems, processes, procedures
- Collation and access to enhanced HR data
- Accessing HR expertise beyond internal capability
- Flexibility of service provision
- Reducing risk
This forms the basis of our service, which we will devise and develop giving consideration to fundamentals critical to the successful operation of an HR outsourcing partnership:
- Strategic value – We advocate a partnership approach with our outsourcing clients. From the outset, we work to build an understanding of the organisation’s business strategy and people risk profile to ensure our solution is aligned to the specific needs and challenges of your organisation.
- Risk management – For overstretched HR teams, ongoing compliance and proactive risk management can be challenging to address against the day-to-day HR service demands. But it is necessary. Outsourcing can ensure critical HR practices and legal obligations are being met.
- Employer brand alignment – Outsourcing can offer the means to achieve authenticity to live and breathe the employer brand where the employee experience is falling short of the employer brand aspirations. For example, relying on spread sheets and paper forms does not equate to a pro-tech and innovative workplace. Outsourcing can offer solutions such as access to new HR systems, and emerging technologies in areas such as AI and digital assistants.
- Service level agreement – The terms of an outsourcing relationship and service should be set out within a service level agreement. The agreement should make clear the scope of the arrangement, and the standards and expectations on both parties, as well as the consequences of failing to meet these obligations.
We can help
Through our outsourced HR and shared services, DavidsonMorris helps organisations of all sizes meet their employer obligations and deliver the best in HR practice.
As part of our fixed-fee outsourced HR service, we offer clients unlimited access to a dedicated team of qualified, experienced HR professionals, enabling your organisation to benefit from complete and compliant workforce management.
As a complete employer solution, we can deliver the full HR need or specific HR services, functions or processes, such as:
- Payroll, rewards and benefits
- HR policy management
- Employment & immigration law compliance
- Recruitment & onboarding
- Performance management
- Learning & development
Whether your inhouse HR team is overstretched, you have no internal HR resource or capability or you want expertise in a specific area of HR, we can help, providing day-to-day assistance and access to HR specialists in areas of strategic or administrative need.
We can support by:
- Managing specific HR activities and processes or through complete HR function outsourcing
- Managing the administrative aspects of your HR function on your behalf, such as dealing with employee queries
- Managing the HR infrastructure, including technical platforms
Our team of qualified HR consultants take a partnership approach, operating as an extension of your HR and management teams.
We understand that engaging with an external provider should be a strategic decision. At the outset, we will work with you to understand your business and people objectives, service needs and areas of risk for mitigation.
We can help you ascertain the optimum level and configuration of outsourcing for your organisation to help improve HR efficiency and contribution to business outcomes. We will create a service tailored to your organisation and structured to deliver to support where you need it.