Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer)
Are you looking to transfer to your employer's UK office for a temporary assignment?
We can help you apply for a Tier 2 (ICT) visa.
With the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa, you can work in a UK branch, office, subsidiary or sister company to fill a post in the UK temporarily.
Types of Intra-Company Visas
There are two types of Intra-company Transfer visa:
- Long-term Staff This visa is for transfers of more than 12 months into a role that can’t be filled by a UK recruit. If the employee will be earning more than £73,900, the 12-month qualifying period will not apply.
- Graduate Trainee This visa is for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. Graduates need at least 3 months’ experience with the employer overseas to be eligible.
What are the eligibility requirements for you to apply for a Tier 2 (Intra-Company) visa?
The requirements for each type of visa varies, below is an outline of how you can determine if the option is suitable for you:
- Must have been employed in a full time capacity by the overseas company for at least 12 months.
- Salary on offer in the UK must be at least £41,500, unless the salary stated for the Code of Practice is higher, then you will need to pay the higher threshold.
- For assignments over 12 months.
- Must be a recent graduate with at least 3 months’ experience with the employer overseas.
- Salary on offer in the UK must be at least £23,000, unless the salary stated for the Code of Practice is higher, then you will need to pay the higher threshold.
What is the maximum time you can spend in the UK on the different types of Intra-Company transfer visas?
- Long-term Staff earning more than £120,000 a year: 9 years
- Long-term Staff earning less than £120,000 a year: 5 years, 1 month
- Graduate Trainee: 12 months
Can I extend my visa from within the UK?
It is possible to extend your visa in the UK if you are on an Intra-Company Transfer, providing the maximum time allowed has not been spent in the UK.
For example, if come to the UK under the Intra-Company Transfer Short-Term arranged months for 6 months, you can extend for a further a 6 months from within the UK providing you are still required for the role.
Is switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 (General) visa permitted?
It is important that the business selects the correct type of visa for you as there are limitations to what Tier 2 (ICT) holders can do once in the UK.
For a fast & professional service – contact DavidsonMorris
Our legal experts are highly experienced in all areas of immigration, including Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visas.
As a team of immigration lawyers and former Home Office employees, we have an established reputation for effective and efficient management and processing of visa applications, and for providing expert visa-related advice. We also understand the stresses involved with moving across the world, and take great pride in playing a supportive role to ease the pressure.