Tier 2 Visa 2017-08-30T15:49:59+00:00

Tier 2 Visa

Through a Tier 2 visa, medium and highly skilled workers are permitted to come to the UK to fill a temporary gap in the labour market.

Contact us

Do you need help with a Tier 2 visa?

Talk to one of our legal experts right now!

Contact us

What is a Tier 2 (General) Visa?

The Tier 2 (General) visa is for individuals with a job offer in the UK, and who are coming to fill a gap in the labour force that cannot be filled by someone already in the country.

Because the Tier 2 (General) visa can lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain, the category also makes provision for the spouses, partners and any dependent children to immigrate to the UK at the same time as the main Tier 2 applicant.

Given the global nature of competition for talent and skilled workers, it is important that skilled migrants looking to work in the UK are supported in achieving the relevant immigration status.

As a skilled worker, with so much at stake for you and your future, it is important to seek legal advice to understand the migration options open to you, to ensure your case is effectively represented to the authorities and to avoid any delays with your application.

Am I eligible for a Tier 2 visa?

You are eligible to apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if you satisfy the following criteria:

  • You must have a confirmed offer of employment from a licensed UK employer (sponsor).
  • You must have a valid certificate of sponsorship.
  • You must score 70 points under the points based system.

What will I need to show to apply for a Tier 2 visa?

As part of your application you will need to demonstrate:

  • Your suitability for the role
  • A certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • An ‘appropriate’ salary for the role
  • The required level of English – usually at least CEFR level B1 or an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree
  • The required savings for you and any dependants if your fully approved (A’ rated) sponsor is not certifying maintenance

What you need to know about Tier 2 visas

Once your certificate of sponsorship is received, you can apply for entry clearance to the UK from your home country.

How we can help

At DavidsonMorris we support both individual clients and a wide range of commercial employers to help them meet their global mobility needs, including Tier 2 (General) visa applications on behalf of skilled employees.

As a team of immigration lawyers and former Home Office employees, we have an established reputation for effective and efficient management and processing of visa applications, and for providing expert visa-related advice. We also understand the stresses involved with moving across the world, and take great pride in playing a supportive role to ease the pressure.

Get in touch!

Our experts can help with any question about a Tier 2 Visa:

Call us on 020 7494 0118
Email your enquiry
Follow us on Twitter

We can also help with

  • What documents you need to submit
  • Assistance with your dependants’ applications
  • How to secure an extension
  • How to secure indefinite leave to remain

Contact Us

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Telephone number


Your Message