MAC Recommends 21 Roles for UK Shortage Occupation List

MAC Consults on New UK Immigration Salary List

The Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) has now completed its rapid review into the UK’s Shortage Occupation List (SOL), publishing recommendations on roles to be included on the reformed Immigration Salary List (ISL). The MAC was commissioned by the Government earlier this year to carry out a fast-tracked review in advance of significant increases to the […]

UK Visa Processing Times (Latest from UKVI)

processing times

The length of time it takes for your application to be processed can be an important factor in deciding when to apply and when to make travel arrangements. But UK visa processing times vary considerably, depending on factors such as the type of visa being applied for, the country or Embassy where the application is […]

Unmarried Partner Visa UK Guide

unmarried partner visa

If you are a long term partner of a British citizen or someone with UK indefinite leave to remain or settled status, you may be eligible to apply to join them in the UK by applying for an unmarried partner visa.   Unmarried partner visa requirements The unmarried partner visa falls within the UK’s family […]

UK Family Visas: Join Your Loved Ones

If you’re looking to live in the UK on the basis of a family relationship, you will need to apply for some form of UK family visa. The following guide looks at UK family visas for adults and children, with the various different options available to applicants.   Is there a UK family visa? When […]

Spouse Visa Financial Requirement & Exemptions

spouse visa financial requirement

If you are applying for a spouse visa to join your partner in the UK, or are switching visa categories to remain here on the basis of your relationship, one of the eligibility criteria you will need to meet is the financial requirement. Following a government announcement in December 2023, the financial requirement for the […]

Health and Care Visa Guide 2024

health and care worker visa

The Health and Care Visa is for healthcare professionals and workers from around the world to come to work in the UK health and social care sector. For applicants, the benefits of the Health and Care Worker visa include fast-tracked entry to the UK, together with reduced visa fees and exemption from the Immigration Health […]

Immigration Rules Changes 19 February 2024: Care Workers & Ukraine Visa Schemes

Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules 19 feb 2024

The Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules HC 556 was published by the Home Office today, 19 February 2024, focusing primarily on care workers and the Ukraine visa schemes.   Changes affecting care workers & care providers Following publication of its Five-Point Immigration Plan in December 2023, the Home Office has confirmed that the […]

Right to Work Checks (Employer Guidance)

home office compliance visit

Right to Work Checks: Guidance for Employers As a UK employer, you have a legal obligation to comply with the prevention of illegal working legislation. This requires you to conduct basic checks on every UK-based employee to verify they have the requisite permission to perform the work on offer. Importantly, as part of your recruitment, pre-employment checks, the […]

Partner Visa UK (Eligibility Requirements!)

partner visa uk

If you are looking to apply for a partner visa to join your loved one in the UK, read on for a summary of the eligibility requirements you will need to meet and an overview of the process for making an application. The UK immigration rules don’t make it easy for families to stay together. […]

Received a Civil Penalty under the Immigration Act?

sponsor licence revoked

If your business has received a Civil Penalty under the Immigration Act, it is important to seek legal advice early on the options open to you. Depending on the circumstances, it may be possible to negotiate a reduction in the amount you owe, or you may have grounds to mount a successful appeal to cancel […]