Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) visa
A Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa allows individuals from certain countries to come to the UK for temporary employment.
We can advise on eligibility and applications.
Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa
A Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa allows individuals to come to the UK for a specific purpose or for short term or temporary employment.
Given the global nature of competition and range of options under the Tier 5 category, it is important that migrants looking to work in the UK are supported in achieving the appropriate immigration status.
As a temporary worker, with so much at stake for you and your future, it is important to seek legal advice to understand the migration options open to you, to ensure your case is effectively represented to the authorities and to avoid any delays with your application.
What is a Tier 5 temporary worker visa?
The Tier 5 temporary worker visa is for individuals looking to come to the UK with a job offer for a specific purpose or short term/ temporary employment. The scheme includes five employment subcategories for a range of industries.
The schemes allow you to undertake specific types of work in the UK for a period of one year or for two years, depending on the subcategory.
Tier 5 subcategories include:
- Temporary workers – creative and sporting
- Temporary workers – charity workers
- Temporary workers – religious workers
- Temporary workers – government authorised exchange
- Temporary workers – international agreement
A Tier 5 visa allows spouses, partners and any dependent children to be added to the main applicant’s application. This visa category does not lead to settlement.
Am I eligible for a Tier 5 temporary worker visa?
You are eligible to apply for a Tier 5 temporary worker visa if you satisfy the following criteria:
- You must have a confirmed offer of employment from a licensed UK employer (sponsor).
- You must have a valid certificate of sponsorship.
Additional requirements may apply depending on the Tier 5 subcategory.
What will I need to show to apply for a Tier 5 temporary worker visa?
As part of your application you will need to demonstrate:
- Your suitability for the role;
- A certificate of sponsorship reference number;
- An ‘appropriate’ salary and hours per week for the role;
- You must score at least 40 points under the points based system; and
- The required savings for you and any dependants if your fully approved (A’ rated) sponsor is not certifying maintenance.
What you need to know about the Tier 5 temporary worker visa
Once your certificate of sponsorship is received, you can apply for entry clearance to the UK from your home country.
How we can help
At DavidsonMorris we support both individual clients and a wide range of commercial employers to help them meet their global mobility needs, including Tier 5 temporary worker visa applications on behalf of employees.
As a team of immigration specialists and former Home Office employees, we have an established reputation for effective and efficient management and processing of visa applications, and for providing expert visa-related advice. We also understand the stresses involved with moving across the world, and take great pride in playing a supportive role to ease the pressure.