Depending on your circumstances and status in the UK, you may be eligible to apply to naturalise as a British Citizen. The application is expensive and you will not receive a refund if you are refused. There is also no right of appeal against a refusal.
Avoid errors and mistakes with your British citizenship application by booking a fixed-fee telephone consultation with one of our specialist UK immigration advisers.
A detailed consultation based on your individual circumstances
Book a British citizenship telephone consultation and discuss your application queries in detail with an immigration lawyer. You will have the opportunity to ask questions such as:
Are you eligible for British citizenship?
- Do you have UK ILR or permanent residence?
- Can you hold dual nationality?
- Have you lived in the UK long enough to qualify?
- Do you have any absences from the UK that could affect your eligibility?
- Have you passed the Life in the UK test?
- Do you need to pass an English test?
- What are the pros and cons of British citizenship in your circumstances?
How do you apply?
- Can you include dependants?
- Common errors to avoid when completing the form.
- How long do applications take?
- Is faster processing available?
- How much do applications cost?
- Can you travel while the application is processed?
What documents will you need to submit?
- How can you prove your UK residence?
- Will you need to submit your passport?
- Which documents need to be originals?
- What HMRC information will the Home Office check?
- How should you present a criminal conviction?
What happens next?
- If your application is successful, what will you get to prove your status?
- Do you have to inform your country of origin?
- Can you apply for a British passport?