Returning resident visa telephone consultation

If you previously held UK ILR but have been out of the country for two years or more, you have to apply for a Returning Resident visa before you can return to the UK to live.

If you have questions about your visa application, book a fixed-fee telephone consultation with one of our specialist UK immigration advisers.

A detailed consultation based on your individual circumstances

Book a returning resident visa telephone consultation with us and discuss your queries in detail with an immigration lawyer. You will have the opportunity to ask questions such as:

Is the returning resident visa right for you?

  • When do you wish to return to the UK?
  • How long have you lived outside the UK?
  • How many times have you returned during this period?
  • How long did you live in the UK before relocating abroad?
  • If married, what is the nationality of your spouse?
  • Do you have children and what is their nationality?
  • Do you have family in the UK?
  • Do you own property in the UK?
  • Do you have a UK bank account?
  • When you return, do plan to live in the UK permanently?
  • What is your job?
  • How are you financing the relocation to the UK?
  • Do you have an offer of employment?
  • Did you receive public funds to help you leave the UK?
  • How soon after the visa is issued must you travel to the UK?

How do you make an application?

  • When and where to submit your application.
  • Will you be interviewed?
  • How long is visa processing?
  • Can processing be expedited?
  • What does the application cost?
  • Common application errors to avoid.
  • How to apply for a BRP.

What documents will you need to submit?

  • What information will the Home Office review regarding your finances?
  • What do you need to show for your intended UK accommodation?
  • Which documents need to be originals?
  • Will you need to pass an English test? 
  • Will you need to provide medical certificates?
  • How should you present a negative immigration history or criminal conviction?
  • If you have children, what documents will you need to provide?
  • What documents will you need to show at the UK border on arrival?