Registering your child as British
If your child was born outside of the UK, you may be eligible to apply to register your child as a British citizen.
Ask about eligibility and the application process by booking a fixed-fee telephone consultation with one of our specialist UK immigration advisers.
A detailed consultation based on your individual circumstances
Book a British citizenship telephone consultation and discuss your child’s application in detail with an immigration lawyer. You will have the opportunity to ask questions such as:
Is your child eligible for British citizenship?
- Where was the child born and what is their current nationality?
- What is the mother’s nationality and place of birth?
- What is the father’s nationality and place of birth?
- How long have the parents lived outside the UK?
- How long did the parent(s) live in the UK?
How do you apply to register your child?
- Which documents will you need to submit?
- Which documents must be in original form, and which can be certified copies?
- Where do you submit the application?
- How much do applications cost?
- Will there be an interview?
- How long are applications taking to process?
- Is faster processing available?
- Common errors to avoid when completing the form.
- When can you apply for a British passport?