Marriage visitor visa
You can apply for a marriage visitor visa if you want to get married or enter into a civil partnership in the UK but do not intend to live here after the ceremony. The application is document-heavy and expensive, and if refused, the application fees are not refunded.
If you have questions about the marriage visitor visa, book a fixed-fee telephone consultation with one of our specialist UK immigration advisers.
A detailed consultation based on your individual circumstances
Book a marriage visa telephone consultation with us and discuss your queries in detail with an immigration lawyer. You will have the opportunity to ask questions such as:
Is the marriage visa right for you?
- Your nationality and your partner’s nationality
- What date is the wedding?
- Have the wedding bands been issued?
How do you make an application?
- When & where to submit your application.
- Will you be interviewed?
- How long is processing?
- What does the application cost?
- Common application errors to avoid
What documents will you need to submit?
- Which documents need to be originals?
- What information will the Home Office review regarding your finances?
- Will you need to pass an English test?
- Will you need to provide medical certificates?
- How to evidence your relationship is genuine & subsisting?
- How can you prove you will leave the UK after the wedding?
- How should you present a negative immigration history or criminal conviction?
- If you have children, what documents will you need to provide?
- What documents will you need to show at the UK border on arrival?