Free Employment & Immigration Webinars
Essential HR & Employer Updates
With lockdown easing and the Government urging employees to return to work, the concerns of HR professionals and business owners have shifted to how to adjust working environments and practices to enable a safe and commercially-viable return to work.
Key employer issues include the impact of social distancing in the workplace, supporting employees’ mental and physical wellbeing, whether to make employees redundant or introduce part-time working and ensuring the survival of their business.
To help your business through the crisis, we will continue to host live webinars, providing a rolling update on the changes affecting you as an employer across employment and immigration law.
The webinars are interactive and will be led by our specialists in UK employment and immigration law.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to put their questions to the presenters and to download supporting factsheets and materials.
The content of the webinars will be shaped by the latest developments, with an initial focus on:
- Right to Work checks – with complete lockdown over, what are your duties with respect to checking the documents which you haven’t seen, and is there a deadline to complete the correct right to work checks?
- Workforce changes & steps you must consider if you intend to make employees redundant.
- The implications of the furlough scheme being in place until October.
- How to minimise claims for unfair dismissal.
- What are the alternatives to redundancy, including lay off and short-time working?
- Tier 2 & 5 visa workers update.
- The implications of furloughing visa holder employees.
- Does the minimum SOC code threshold still apply if you reduce a visa holder’s salary and or hours?
- Compliance regarding home working and working off-site.
- Visa renewals: Home Office application processes whilst the visa centres remain closed.
- Visa expiry: staff unable to depart from the UK or concerned that on arrival in their home country they will be enforced into quarantine.
- Restricted COS allocations: What to do if you issued a COS but the new hire has been unable to travel to the UK because of travel restrictions?
The presentations will last approximately 45 minutes, followed by Q & A.
The webinars are free of charge. You can join us at as many of the sessions as you can attend: