At an audit the UKBA assess five individual areas of your administration processes, which are:
- Monitoring immigration status and preventing illegal recruitment
- Maintaining migrant contact details
- Record keeping
- Migrant tracking and monitoring
- Student recruitment practices
The UKBA Compliance Officers will gather information from their assessment of these five areas to review your compliance in accordance with the immigration rules under the Tier 4 Points Based System.
To demonstrate full compliance in all of the above areas are captured within 3 main administrative processes:
- Record Keeping
- The sponsor must keep accurate and up to date records on all its Tier 4 students.
- All the acquired information from application stage and throughout the duration of the students’ sponsorship must be maintained.
- All the information must be archived until they have been checked by a UKBA Compliance Officer.
2. Monitoring Student Records and Attendance
- The sponsor must continually monitor the immigration status on all its students subject to immigration control.
- The sponsor must maintain accurate and up to date attendance and absence records on all its Tier 4 students.
- The sponsor must ensure this information is being regularly fed back to its Level 1 Use(s) to meet the UKBA’s specified reporting time frame and the sponsor must be able to demonstrate this process.
3. Reporting Duties
- All staff must be aware of the sponsor reporting duties the sponsor has for its Tier 4 students.
- Most importantly all staff must be aware of the many events that require the sponsor to notify the UKBA within the specified time frame, and the sponsor must demonstrate this process.
In view of the most recent media attention Tier 4 sponsors with large numbers of migrant students with several sites are advised to best demonstrate full compliance with bespoke technology and/ or a designated team or compliance official responsible for liaising with both the administrative and teaching staff to capture, check and monitor such information.
If you are a Tier 4 or Tier 2 sponsor in need of a peace of mind mock audit do not delay and contact us today.