Certificate of Sponsorship 2017-01-20T16:19:49+00:00

Certificate of sponsorship

The Home Office has introduced a new automated renewal of Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Certificate of Sponsorship annual allocations.

All Tier 2 unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship allocations are subject to a fixed allocation period that runs from 6th April to 5th April the following year.

What do employers have to do?

If you hold a Tier 2 or Tier 5 sponsor licence you may already have received notification from the Home Office to advise you that your allocation will automatically be renewed from 5 April 2015. If your allocation is not being renewed automatically, you will be required to submit the request manually.
You will need to do this if, during the period from 6th April 2015 to 5th April 2016 :

  • you are likely to need to sponsor migrant workers from outside the UK who will earn less than £153,500.00 per annum;
  • you are likely to need to sponsor migrant workers who are already in the UK working for another sponsor under Tier 2;
  • any of your existing migrant workers will need to extend their leave under Tier 2; or
  • you are likely to sponsor migrant workers under Tier 2 (ICT).

What we can do to help

DavidsonMorris can provide clients with a complete employer sponsorship licence application package, with our team of UK immigration specialists well versed in all the document and evidentiary requirements that can be vital to a prompt and stress-free application.

Get in touch!

If you are an employer and seeking assistance with any aspect of UK immigration please get in touch.

Call us on 020 7494 0118
Email your enquiry
Follow us on Twitter


or we can call you!

at a suitable time


We can also assist with: